How do I update my residence permit if I change address?

You must inform the Exit-Entry Administration of the Shanghai Public Security Bureau within 10 days of your address change.

To do this, you must first obtain a "Temporary Accommodation Registration Form for Foreigners" from the police station or the hotel where you live, then submit the required documents to the Exit-Entry Administration to update your residence permit with the new address.