FAQs: Materials for application to Chinese universities

english.shanghai.gov.cn| December 30, 2023

1. Fill out the application form for studying in China.

2. Copy of personal passport.

3. Academic transcripts and/or qualifications.

4. Chinese Proficiency Examination (HSK) scores report. (TOEFL or IELTS scores are required if applying for a course taught in the English language, with exceptions for applicants whose native language is English).

5. For those who apply for a master's or a doctorate degree, two recommendation letters are needed from associate professors or above.

6. Statement of personal study or research plans (required by some institutions or courses).

7. The Physical Examination Record for Foreign.

8. Proof of financial guarantee will be required for those who study in China at their own expense. Applicants under the age of 18 are required to provide a certificate of guardianship in China.

9. Other application materials required by the universities.

* Foreign students can prepare physical documents in accordance with the requirements of the schools to which they apply. All the materials must be written in Chinese or English, or a translation of these languages. The application forms can be obtained from the relevant Chinese university, or a Chinese embassy or consulate abroad.


Source: studyinchina.edu.cn